Get real-world training for a future in ministry
Interested in pursuing full-time vocational ministry—either in the church or at a non-profit? Our internship program will put you side by side with the Sojourn staff to develop and hone your leadership, relational, and ministry skills. Partner with us and get hands-on experience.
Applications open March 2021.
- To identify, train, and invest in leaders with potential and a desire for full time ministry.
- To develop leadership gifts, skills, and ministry experience through staff relationships and hands-on work.
- To have interns serve the staff and ministry programs to which they are assigned and meaningfully contribute to the existing work of our growing church.
- To reach more people with the mission of the church by supporting, training, and offering opportunities to gifted and hungry leaders.
- To be a pipeline for future staff in the local church network and beyond.
- To help interns discern a call and desire for full time ministry work.
- Be a member or member in process at Sojourn East.
- Participate in and attend all intern trainings, meetings, and retreats for the duration of the program.
- Demonstrate a healthy, growing relationship with Christ and demonstrate a lifestyle above reproach.
- Be a team player by engaging with existing staff, fellow interns, and people served.
- Demonstrate a teachable heart and willing spirit to grow, learn, work hard, and take initiative.
- Spend 10-15 hours per week on training assignments, meetings, relationships, and programming.
- Fully participate in the intern trainings by attending:
- Training meetings with your department staff (1-2 per month)
- Training meetings with entire intern cohort (1-2 per month)
- East staff gatherings, trainings, and social functions (1 per quarter)
- Training retreats or events (1 per semester)
- Accomplish assignments, projects, and responsibilites on time, with excellence.
- Meaningfully contribute to the specific ministry program, fellow staff and interns, and the people of Sojourn East.
- All interns are expected to raise $400/month of personal support, which will be matched by Sojourn totaling $800/month.
- All funds should be raised or pledged by the intern’s start date.
- Interns should have ongoing communication with donors.
Program runs August 1-June 30
- March 15-April 15: application process open
- April 15-May 15: interviews and hires
- July: fundraising training and active fundraising
- August 1: first day
- June 30: last day
Have questions? Contact Seth Michels for more information.
Support an Intern
By giving your support to an intern, you'll join us in our goal of developing local leaders.
Manage your recurring gifts here.