Sojourn Kids March 7, 2020
Online Classes at 10:30 this Week
This week we will have teachers for different classes going live on Facebook at 10:30 AM Sunday for your kids to watch and engage with. Tune in, ask questions or make comments, and enjoy storytime with your teachers! You can see the videos here on our SojournKids Facebook page.
We're back to our study through the Bible. This week the lesson is about when The Church Was Divided in the book of 1 Corinthians.
Here are some quick lesson tips as you teach your kids at home:
2's and 3's:
- Retell the story in your own words, acting out key parts with your child's stuffed animals.
- Practice the big picture question together: Why does God want us to obey Him? We obey because God loves us.
- Practice jigsaw puzzles with your child and congratulate them for putting all the pieces back together and making the puzzle whole again.
4's, K, 1st:
- Have each child take "parts" of the story and act it out together as a family.
- Brag about Jesus and what He has done by making a list of the ways He has shown Himself faithful to your family.
- Discuss “Whom should Christians follow and why?”
- Have them retell the story to you, look up the scripture in the Bible and take turns reading sections.
- Cut some objects, like a baseball, an insulated mug, or a seashell in half. Show your kids what these objects look like on the inside. Discuss how, despite being cool to look at, each object cannot function when divided. Discuss ways the church benefits from being united by faith in Christ.
- Ask “ Why do you think it is important for Christians to be united?"
Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or if you need anything.
Pastor of Families
Sojourn Church New Albany
502 635 7053 Office
2023 Ekin Avenue
New Albany, IN 47150